Friday, December 26, 2008

Payton's 11th Birthday!


This past week has been a whirlwind of activity. I will be posting a lot tonight and tomorrow, but not necessarily in chronological order. On Monday, it was Payton's birthday. That morning, my girlfriends, Michelle, Renee & Elizabeth, came over with their kiddos and we decorated the 300 sugar cookies I made a few weeks ago. Yes, we had 17 kids under 1 roof. CRAZY! I moved the kitchen table out of the kitchen and laid down painter's plastic so the kids could just go to town and the clean up would be easy. The cookies didn't look very pretty, but they were SOOOOOO delicious! The plan was to go deliver them to a few nursing homes and sing carols while there, but with baby sleeping schedules, etc. we never got to do that. Clint, the kids and I delivered them to some families in our ward on Tuesday night instead. Renee, Tristan, Samantha, Sydney & Kennedy

Dallen, Ben, & Nicholas Hannah & Delaney


That night, all of our family that was in town came over to celebrate Payton's day and we had dinner. Renee, Elizabeth and I made 5 pans of yummy enchiladas! Payton wanted cheesecake, so we also made 4 from-scratch cheesecakes. We had cherry, raspberry, and strawberry toppings and 1 plain cheesecake. They were delicious!

My dad & Evan My dad & Karson & Kendall Corbin, Cole & Drew
Cam, Trent & Taylor

Ashton & Laney
Payton got a lot of great loot! She asked for posters & CDs of her favorite bands and big, dangly earrings. Here she is with some of it.

I was in the kitchen from 8:45 am until 7:30 pm and I was EXHAUSTED and very tired of doing dishes! Fortunately, everyone had a great time and the food tasted wonderful!

Here is yet another wonderful, family rendition of the Happy Birthday song!

No comments: