Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pie Anyone?

So for the first time in my 30 years, I made pie FROM SCRATCH! I'm pretty sure it is the most amazing pie EVER! I made a pumpkin pie, apple/cranberry, sweet cherrity, and a peach pie with delectable candied pecans. Are you salivating yet or what?

Anyhow, I've been the mad baker lately. Within the past few weeks, I have made 300 sugar cookies, a bunch of kiss cookies, magic bars, no-bakes, pumpkin rolls (a total pain to make but so yummy) & my mom's famous fudge. The kids had fun helping me with the sugar cookies and they can't wait to frost them in a few weeks. Tomorrow I will head to the grocery store to get the ingredients for homemade oreo cookies and the yummiest peppermint ice cream cake. I better take advantage of this crazy baking frenzy while I'm in the mood!

Here are pictures of the first 2 pies. YUM!

2 comments:

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

I must say I am very, very impressed! You go you little baking nazi! I also have never made a pie from scratch.. but I did loan out my pie pans yesterday for someone to do it.. does that count at all?

Zane, Fallon,Taden,Damian and ? said...

you go girl! good for you! i'm actually going to make some pies today, but i did buy the pie crust!anyways have a good thanksgiving!fal