Thursday, January 8, 2009

Staying Focused

I am having a really hard time staying focused today. I was paying bills this morning and couldn't find my stapler. So I went upstairs to look for it and found it in Payton's room. I noticed she still had a poster that hadn't been put up, so I climbed up on the top bunk and stapled it up on the wall. Then, on my way out of her room, I noticed that the washer was done, so I put that load in the dryer and put a new load in the washer. Then I walked past the kitchen and noticed that the granola bars I just bought were still on the counter. I opened the cupboard to put them in there, but it was so full of half-full boxes, it wouldn't fit. So I cleaned out that cupboard. While cleaning out the cupboard, I remembered that the missionaries are coming over for dinner, so I ran out to the freezer in the garage and pulled out a pork roast to thaw. Then I went back to cleaning out the cupboard and put a pile of the empty boxes on the counter. Then I walked in the pantry to grab the garbage to take out when I noticed that the cereal containers looked dirty and were mostly empty. So I cleaned out the cereal containers, stuck a few in the dishwasher, started the dishwasher, and grabbed the bag of garbage. I took the garbage and the empty boxes out to the garage, where I remembered that I needed to get my make-up bag out of the car. While in the car, I thought "I should really clean this out", so I cleaned out the front of the car, found the antennae I lost, found our new insurance cards and put them in the right spot, organized my glove box, cleaned out the ashtray (change tray) and got all of the trash out of there. Then I took my pile of "car stuff" back into the house, where I set everything down on the counter because I noticed the counters were dirty and needed to be wiped down. After wiping down the counters, I grabbed the stuff that needed to come down to my office and just got back down here. Now I'm sitting in front of my messy desk really wishing I could remember where the heck I put the stupid stapler!

2 comments:

Natalie Wright said...

Come on over to my house you can borrow my stapler, then maybe you will notice my counters need to be wiped, laundry changed, car cleaned, etc... Sounds like you got a lot done!

Wilde Family said...

lol...sounds just like me!