Thursday, March 26, 2009

Delaney's Princess Birthday Party!

Last Saturday was Delaney's princess party. There were a few other princess friends from neighboring kingdoms who were able to attend as well. Clint (the king) put up some cool wall decorations, so it looked like we were in a grand ballroom!















































Delaney loves to dress up in her princess dresses, and had a hard time deciding which princess to be. I helped steer her to this super cute gown.


































I asked an older princess, who used to be one of my beehives, to come teach the younger princesses how to behave like a proper princess. Princess Kyra taught the girls how to curtsy, drink properly from a tea cup, wave a wand, and of course, she showered them with princess glitter as well. Princess Kyra also headed the games and showed the girls how to play Princess & The Pea (as you will see, Delaney wasn't getting the hang of it), Kiss the Frog Prince (another one Laney had a struggle with) and Princess freeze dance.

















Here are pictures of the Frog Prince and the lips. They played it just like pin the tail on the donkey.





















Here are all the princesses. Sydney, Kennedy, Karson, Kyra, Kendall, & Delaney.














Princesses Sydney, Kennedy & Delaney














This is Princess Kennedy looking as cute as Snow White ever did.



















Princess Kyra reading a princess story to the younger princesses.














Since the Royal Baker was on Spring Break, the responsibility rested on my shoulders to create a cake fit for a princess. As stated in previous posts, I'm no cake decorater, so this is the best I could come up with. I will point out that Payton & Dallen had the honor of actually making the cake and I think they did a pretty good job!














Of course, Princess Delaney loved having her princess friends over and enjoyed her cake & ice cream and opening presents. I'm not sure why she's giving us a gopher face right here...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i'm so glad we blog cause i love these pics! She is such a pretty princess! give her big besos for me please! fal

Liz said...

I think it's safe to say that you really do have some of the cutest freakin kids I've ever seen!

Cami said...

Boy, do you know how to throw a party! Now I want a princess party for myself!
Hey, and you need to explain a little better where you live, etc. All I know is that one day you were painting a house to move into (with friends). I'm excited and happy for you guys!