Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Look at what a little paint can do!

So we got this great house exactly where we wanted to be, which is why you haven't heard from me in a month. I've been busy moving! It has 5 bedrooms, is at the end of a cul-de-sac and is right next door to the clubhouse, which has a pool, playground, basketball courts, and tennis courts. So far, we LOVE it! The floor plan is very close to the floor plan of our old house in Loveland. It's spaced out really well. The backyard has a huge, gorgeous patio too!

We are living together with my sister and her 5 kids, so we got to move 2 families in! Yes, it will be an adventure! Anyhow, the problem with this house is that the colors were....well, let's just say, it was pretty much sensory overload when you walked in the front door.

Luckily, I have a hubby and in-laws that are no strangers to painting, so I could see past the color smorgasbord. Here are just the main floor "before" pics. I neglected to take pics of anything else we painted, but just use your imagination and then twist that with colors that should never go together and you'll get the idea!
Yes, that is gold combo'd with purply-pink. Don't ask why, I have absolutely no idea!

Here are the after pictures of the same walls. We also painted the Florida (patio) room, which was orange, stripped "garden mural" wallpaper in the master (it was as hideous as it sounds), painted a baby blue room and stripped the wallpaper in there too, and some other touch up places around the house. Ugh...it was a busy weekend. Thank you so much to Jay & Cheryl and Kristen's friend Brad for all their help!We didn't have the time or energy to strip the paper on the main floor, but I still have plans to do that...probably in 6 months or so.

Keep in mind that we just moved in 2 weeks ago, so yes, my house is still in shambles...no judgement about my cleaning (or lack thereof). You're just supposed to be looking at the paint!

3 comments:

Zane, Fallon,Taden,Damian and ? said...

WOW GOOD JOB AGE. YES IT LOOKS MUCH BETTER NOW. HOPEFULLY WE CAN MAKE A TRIP OUT THERE SOMETIME TO SEE IT.

BradandMelanie said...

Whoa, that was some pretty awesome paint in the before pictures, it is looking great now and I am sure it was a lot of work.

I would love for you to send me more info on food storage if you get a chance - bradandmelanie@gmail.com

Thanks!

Kristine said...

Wow! Two families in one house! All I can say is wow! Very brave.. but will probably be a ton of fun. Good job on the new paints.