Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Girls Love Michelle!















Last Saturday was my girlfriend, Michelle's, birthday. Another friend of mine had surgery recently and the guys he worked with rented 75 pink flamingos to put in his front yard to cheer him up when he returned home. I thought it was so clever and fun, that I stole the idea and wanted to do that for Michelle. However, I never got a call back from the youth group who rents the flamingos. So I searched and searched, but no stores in Northern CO had any for sale (for a reasonable price anyway). So I changed my game plan and went to both Big Lots and The Dollar Tree to get flower stakes instead.

I bought as many flowers as Michelle is in years (you'll have to figure it out yourself since a woman never tells their age). I also searched and searched for a garden gnome or something of that sort for under $20 but I couldn't find one. They are so dang expensive! So my brilliant husband was generous enough to offer me one of his hunting goose decoys to desecrate...I mean decorate. I even got pics of him getting the goose ready for the party (don't tell his friends)!











































After making the posters, getting the goose dressed, and loading everything into the car, I headed down to Amber's to pick her up. We also grabbed Sarah on our way over to Michelle's and finally got there close to midnight. Brooke & Renee weren't able to join us because they were both out of town.

We knocked out the yard in less than 20 minutes and I think it turned out pretty great! We also decorated the driveway with sidewalk chalk.







































The pink sign says "Happy Birthday Princess"!

















Michelle was leaving at 6 am the next morning to take Hannah to a volleyball tournament. Derek got outside first and started yelling for Michelle to get out there. She was thrilled and surprised and said it made her laugh!



I wanted to get better pictures in day light, so I went over there the next afternoon and while I was taking video, they came outside to leave for dinner.

No comments: