Thursday, August 14, 2008

Girls Night Out


From left: Kristine, Michelle, Renee, Me, Brooke
So I've been trying to decide all day long if I was going to post this or not. I really dislike having my picture taken, let alone posting it on a public blog. But, I always have so much fun with my girls that I had to put a post in here about that.

Last night, we went to a yummy Italian restaurant to celebrate Renee's big 3-0. We stayed for 3 hours (of course we left a huge tip...duh!) making a scene and having an absolute blast. There was an 84 year old woman sitting at the table behind us with some of her family and she came over as they were leaving to let us know how much she enjoyed watching us and that it was very important to keep having girl's nights!

Payton asked me what we could possibly have to talk about for 3 hours and I tried to explain to her that we talked about everything and generally there were 2-3 conversations going on at the same time. She wasn't understanding and I told her she probably wouldn't for a few more years at least.

We go out together for girl's night at least once a month and we always celebrate our birthdays together. We typically gorge on great food and sometimes we catch a flick (most recent Dark Knight...Renee is obsessed with Christian Bale), go bowling (always hilarious), or Karaoke (my favorite activity). We decided that we're going to the next girls night out at the Melting Pot (gorging) and then we are going to do a pottery painting night out.

We are not an exclusive group (we invite lots of girls to come with us) but I think that we scare many of the faint-hearted away as they don't usually return for a 2nd helping of us. We started hanging out regularly after our friend Jessi put a Bunko group together about 6 years ago (or so). We all have kids in pretty much the same age range and we range in age from 30-40ish. Some of us work at an outside "job" and some of us are stay-at-home mommies. As I've never really experienced the "close girlfriend thing" since I moved so much "growing up", I have been surprised that for the most part, we are pretty much drama-free. Of course, we let each other vent a little bit, but usually when we are at girls night, we just have fun!

Clint knows how important girls night is to me and he has never said anything negative about me going (even when I stay out until the wee hours of the morning)! I really appreciate that!

1 comment:

Eliza Brock said...

You guys all look great! How fun is girls night?!? Love it!