Thursday, July 24, 2008

Annual Lake Weekend

This past weekend, we had our annual lake weekend with all of the Marvin Jacobs' Siblings (and posterity). For the first time ever, I actually stayed over night at the campsite. Now granted, I did sleep in a fairly new camper, but still...the kids had a blast as always swimming, fishing, frog hunting, tubing, sleeping under the stars (and getting eaten alive by bugs) and roasting mallows! We told scary stories around the campfire and Grandpa Jay got out the guitar and sang some preschool songs and some country western faves.

On Saturday, I just laid out for most of the day and got a bit burned, although it has already faded into a nice tan. For most of my time laying out, I had a friendly dragonfly that stayed very close by. By 4 pm, Laney and I had had enough dirt in our unmentionable places and headed for home (and the shower). Clint & the other kids stayed until dark and came home bringing plenty of dirt and mud with them. All in all, it was an enjoyable weekend and one that will be repeated again this summer I'm sure!


No comments: