Saturday, July 26, 2008

Strawberry Jam

I am so impressed with myself (and Courtnee)! This past Tuesday, we didn't really have any plans, so when Courtnee called me up and said that strawberries were on sale for the last day and we needed to make jam, I was up to the challenge. Neither of us has ever made freezer jam before, so we were a little apprehensive, but decided to face it head on. I bought all the stuff; strawberries, pectin (much less expensive at Wal-Mart, by 1/2) and sugar (tons and tons of it).

Courtnee came over and we began reading the directions. The measurement conversions didn't work, so we just started mixing and went from there. The only unfortunate part of the day was that Courtnee and I see things differently as far as "cleaning as you go" or just cleaning it all up at the end. I would have taken pictures of the humongous mess we made, but I didn't want to get depressed every time I logged into my blog (I had just mopped the day before).

We were an ooey-gooey-sticky-mess by day end, but oh my gosh, this jam is super-dooper delicious! We made 55 jars! I can't wait until Cheryl gets back into town (she's on one of her SOS trips) and makes us some scones or homemade bread! YUM!

No comments: