Friday, July 11, 2008

Punk Rock Chick




Payton wants to have long hair. Unfortunately, I haven't met a 10 year old girl yet who actually takes care of their hair and brushes it and keeps it looking nice. So, I prefer for her to have shorter hair. My brilliant husband came up with a plan to keep all of us happy. He made a deal with Payton that if she let me pick the length of her hair, she could put whatever color streaks in it that she wanted for summer.

She thought about it for a few days and the deal was struck. Aunt Courtnee put in semi-permanent pink streaks and cut it almost short enough. I thought it looked really cute. Payton got compliments on it wherever we went. She was a big hit at Disneyland too. Unfortunately, we swim at the pool a lot and it didn't take much for the pink to fade out after too many consecutive days at the pool. Now the pink has turned into really blond highlights and it looks great on her. She is already bargaining for a new color next summer!



1 comment:

BradandMelanie said...

Love the hair! and I loved reading your blog - thanks for the updates!