Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meanest Mom Ever!





So when we go to a certain pool one city over, we have to pack a lunch and get there early to find a spot in the shade. Anyhow, after we finally get in and somewhat settled (drag the chairs over, sunscreen, etc) I have the kids eat lunch. As we all know, it is wise to wait 1/2 hour after eating before going swimming. Knowing that waiting 1/2 hour would seem like an eternity, I figured it wasn't too much to ask for them to wait 15 minutes. The kids were great and waited patiently while all of the other kids ran helter skelter to the pool.

A mom sitting somewhat close to us came over to me after I "finally" let the kids go and was marveling at how she would have never been able to keep her kids from running off to the pool. I thought that was a shame on many levels. Since she doesn't expect her kids to respect her now, I am very afraid for her when her kids hit their teenage years!

Anyhow, the kids were able to swim for almost 4 hours and I hope they aren't scarred for life from having to wait after eating for 15 minutes before they could go swimming!

5 comments:

Cami said...

I remember my mom having a little thing about mean mothers and the horrible things they make their children do. It was cute. At the end it said that what the world needs is more mean mothers - and fathers! so, good for you for torturing those kiddos!

BradandMelanie said...

Wow, 15 whole minutes! You ARE the meanest mom ever - okay just kidding, I'm sure they'll thank you for it later (or not :)

Liz said...

Wow, the kids are getting so big! I'm so happy you have a blog!!

Kristine said...

Hello Adrienne: You may or may not remember me... I am Gena's friend from College. I had to write because we obviously have VERY similar taste in kids names. I have a Cole - 5 years old and a Kade - 2 years old. Good choices. You can check out my blog if you want.. mcleanadventures.blogspot.com

Eliza Brock said...

you are so mean. I agree, there are too many moms that are just like "whatever, not worth the fight" and then wonder why her kids don't listen. In my opionion it is just pure laziness as they don't want to deal with the fight with the kids. But wait, like you said, until they are actually have teenage issues and not I want the pink sippy cup rather than the green. Dont think so.....